The Madison Mallards have been a household name in the Madison area since 2001. But, there is a wealth of knowledge about this collegiate summer baseball team that you may not know. Impress your friends and colleagues with little known Madison Mallards trivia at the Magnet Night at the Mallards Duck Blind next Wednesday, August 6.
Did you know?
- 1. The Mallards play 72 games per season between late-May and mid-August? (And you thought you were busy!)
- 2. The team made it to the playoffs six times in the last 14 years
- 3. Warner Park stadium seats 6,110 and continually draws over 200,000 fans per season
- 4. The Mallards roster includes 14 position players and 16 pitchers
- 5. The Mallards Duck Blind provides unlimited ballpark food, soda, and beer (over 20 styles offered!) and has room for 1,200 fans
- 6. Before the Mallards, Madison’s minor league baseball teams have included the Madison Muskies (1982-1993), Madison Hatters (1994), Madison Black Wolf (1996-2000). The Madison Mallards were established in 2001 and have been around ever since
- 7. If a fan catches a foul ball, he or she gets a free hot dog. Yum!
- 8. Mallards players must be enrolled in college and be on an active college roster to play
- 9. The Mallards stadium features seats that were once part of the Baltimore Oriole’s stadium
- 10. Mascot Maynard Mallard can be seen flying into the stadium on a 180-ft zip line before the first pitch
Got all of that? Then you’re ready to join us at the Duck Blind on August 6 to network with other professionals, have a cold beverage, and watch the Mallards take on the Alexandria Blue Anchors in one of the last home games of the summer.
We have reserved the Duck Blind Club Level for our group starting at 5pm, and the first pitch will be thrown at 7:05pm. The discounted member price of $28 will get you access to the game, plus all you can eat and drink. The cost for friends of Magnet is $38.
Hurry! Registration closes this Sunday, August 3rd. Space is limited. Reserve your spot today.