Wow, what a year 2018 has been so far! Thank you for your continued interest and support of Madison Magnet. As our city grows, the importance of our organization and others that support the Young Professional community continues to grow.
The Magnet Board of Directors just finished our second strategy session for 2018 and we're proud of the work that our volunteer committee chairs and committee members have executed thus far, but just as important, we are enthusiastic about what's to come!
So far in 2018 we have:
- Welcomed four new board members
- Elected a new Executive Committee
- Hosted the second annual Wisconsin Young Professional Awards
- Hosted the second annual Magnet Charity Fete (this year we raised 2x what we raised last year!)
- Reinvented the Madison Magnet Golf Outing
- Hosted the most successful YP Week Event of the year
- Reinvented a YP Week staple event for a record-breaking Speaker Crawl
- Updated our organization's code of conduct
- Reinvested in the Madison Community
- Re-evaluated and generated a new partnership structure
- Met with the Madison Chamber of Commerce to understand how we can better support Greater Madison's business needs
- Featured members in National Publications
- Expanded our membership - currently boasting the largest group since 2014
All of this while continuing to support the needs of our members and providing value to the greater Madison community.
In 2018 the Board of Directors has committed to continue Magnet's Mission:
To provide young professionals in the Madison area opportunities to connect, collaborate, and develop professionally.
by elevating the work and profile of Madison's Young Professional. As we head into the second half of 2018 anticipate that we will continue this commitment as we continue to enhance Magnet's footprint.
Thank you for an amazing 6-months, and here's to continued success in 2018.
Monica Hickey, Magnet President