Years on Magnet: 8 years
Position or committee placement: Marketing Committee Chair and Board Member
- What prompted you to join Magnet?
My colleague Jill encouraged me to join Magnet as I entered the workforce after college. I was interested in meeting new people as I started out in my career.
- What is your favorite thing about being part of Magnet?
My favorite part of Magnet Membership is the close relationships I've developed across different types of companies. As professionals, we can sometimes get stuck in our own industry, and it's been great to meet people across many different functions. I also love the professional development events - I'm addicted to continuing education and striving to be a better me.
- What do you as a career? What's your favorite part about it?
I'm currently the Director of Strategic Marketing at social media software, Shoutlet. My favorite part is the our changing industry - you need to be on your toes at all times to keep up and to create marketing initiatives that have an impact.
- What do you do when you’re not working or hanging out with other Magnet members?
I enjoy running long distance, and trying new foods. Also try and travel as much as my checkbook can handle!
- Tell us something about yourself that most people probably don’t know.
I'm a dual citizen - born in Canada, but my parents are Irish and British.
- What achievement are you most proud of?
Running marathons and marrying my better half.
- What is a goal (personal/professional) you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years?
I'm entering a new career soon- motherhood. So a goal of mine is to find a work-life balance that allows me to be a great mom and wife while maintaining my independence and work identity, contributing to a company's success. (A side congrats to Melissa who gave birth to a beautiful baby girl Philomena Marie Johnson on June 9th!)
- Money aside, what is your dream job?
I would love to travel the world and blog about my adventures - OR start my own creative business making invitations and stationary for clients.