Join Magnet at the Junior Achievement Business Challenge. Your volunteering will inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy through volunteer-led, hands-on activities that reinforce the concepts of work readiness, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy.
When: The Business Challenge will take place on Thursday, February 16, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Volunteers will participate in a training leading up to the event: Tuesday, January 31st, 6-7pm
What is the JA Business Challenge?
• Business strategy tournament where high school students run a virtual business
• 50 to 60 of the top students in Madison area compete
• 25 to 30 volunteers from the business community serve as student team mentors
• Top 2 teams win local scholarships and advance to the Wisconsin JA Business Challenge. The Wisconsin champions advance to JA USA national competition
Here’s What Past Mentors Say about the Experience
• “It was a wonderful simulation of what students will encounter in business and a great chance to network with professionals.”
• “My favorite part was seeing the students take an interest in the competition and seeing them learn as they go.”
• “It was reinvigorating to spend the day with energetic youth!”
Sign up to receive more information about this great volunteer activity and so you can make a positive impact in a child's life today.